Cybercrimes are more than just a problem; they’ve become an epidemic. As the number of attacks continue to increase, so too does the sophistication of cybercriminals, making it twice as hard for businesses of any size to stay ahead of the curve.
Small businesses in particular are very vulnerable to these attacks. In fact, companies with less than 100 employees are more than twice as likely to become a cybercrime victim as a larger organization. ¹
Those are bad odds. If you run a small business and manage to avoid an attack today, that doesn’t ensure you will tomorrow. And if you do fall victim today, your business may not survive tomorrow. Studies show that as many as 60 percent of victimized companies go out of business in less than six months. ²
That doesn’t mean you are powerless however. There are very important steps you can take to minimize the risk to your business. First and foremost is to close the door most commonly used by cybercriminals to gain access to your network and place malware inside. That door is non-genuine software.
How the non-genuine software got there isn’t important. Most of the time, it’s innocent and accidental. What matters most is protecting your business and keeping your network up and running. The best way to achieve that is to follow one simple practice: go genuine.
Going genuine means using original software that comes backed by the company that produced it, providing a wall against malware and other cyberattacks. Microsoft provides genuine software that helps safeguard your business and saves you money by protecting you against costly repairs. You create value, eliminate risk, and help maintain compliance standards. Other benefits include:
- World-class security that enables you to safely access work anytime, anywhere on the mobile device of your choice.
- Automatic updates and optional downloads that help uphold security.
- Direct connections to Microsoft technical support engineers to troubleshoot issues and answer questions.
- Built-in anti-virus, anti-malware, and anti-spam features to help maintain compliance.
- The ability to keep pace with evolving industry standards and data privacy rules.
Genuine software applies to all Microsoft software and services. Below we focus on Microsoft Office 365, which delivers cloud-based versions of familiar Microsoft Office desktop applications that work seamlessly with email, web conferencing, and document sharing.
Office 365 fits the way you work. Online or offline, your team can work together to get more done from anywhere using fully-featured Office apps accessible on computers, Macs, smartphones, and tablets. Most important, Office 365 is a genuine Office product that comes with Microsoft support.
Going genuine with Office 365 rewards you in many ways:
- Deep, multi-level physical and virtual security plus compliance and privacy controls protect against risks commonly associated with counterfeit software, including viruses, spyware, and other malicious software.
- Consistent access to the latest versions of Office software.
- Per-user licenses that simplify licensing and scalability.
- Low cost—no upfront server costs and predictable monthly fees.
- Faster and better performance than non-genuine options.
- Insurance that your company is in full compliance with Microsoft Software License Terms and is seen as a trustworthy, reputable business partner by your employees, partners, and customers.
Microsoft brings more than 30 years of experience working with enterprises to build on-premises products and cloud services that protect users and information and meet required privacy standards and regulations. Office 365 builds on that legacy of trust with a security-hardened service, designed according to the Microsoft Security Development Lifecycle. As a global service, Office 365 stays up to date with standards and regulations that apply to any industry and geography. In addition, Office 365 provides a comprehensive data protection agreement (DPA) that aggregates the best privacy practices of different countries. All customers receive the agreement regardless of geography or size.
Understanding if you have properly licensed Microsoft software can mean the difference between adding unexpected risk to your business or creating genuine value through the performance and protection you expect. Let CKC Technologies Ltd work with you to determine if all of your software is licensed and help resolve issues where necessary. By protecting your company, you’ll gain the peace of mind you deserve to focus on business. To learn more about checking your software or genuine Office solutions contact us today by clicking here.
Go genuine today!
¹ – 2015 Data Breach Investigations Report (DBIR), Verizon, 2015
² – 2015 Data Breach Investigations Report (DBIR), Verizon, 2015